Monday, February 9, 2009

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mad!

I rarely vent about work on my blog because I know I shouldn't , but I've had it. I've read all 4 Twilight books and don't agree that they should be in the school library. I've recently had an issue with this book at school. Right now it isn't in our library, but it might be in the near future and able to be checked out with a parent's permission. I know that many elementary students have read the books already and have seen the movie. The movie is PG -13. That doesn't mean you take your 10 year old. I'm sick and tired of going to the movies like She's Just Not That Into You and seeing kids there. Come on get a babysitter or don't go! You don't take your kids to adult movies. The Twilight series was written for teens it is a teen romance. Elementary kids are NOT TEENAGERS! It's about a love affair with a boy and a girl that leads to marriage and a family something that KIDS can't relate to and don't need to. Contrary to popular belief it's not about vampires and werewolves. There are so many wonderful classic and new books to choose from, why does this one have to the one they have to read?I deal with students everyday that have vocabulary and a knowledge of things they should know nothing about. Why would you want your kids to grow up before they need to?

No comments: