Saturday, February 28, 2009

Budget

I decided it's time to put myself on a budget. I've tried this before, but have never been successful. I made a list of goals (things I want to acquire for the house, payments I have to make, and how much I want to have in savings in the next 6 month) and then totaled everything up. I ended up with a number that I subtracted from my income over 6 months and then came up with what I have left over to spend for clothes, food, gas, entertainment,etc. I'm going to keep a running tally of every purchase that I make and subtract it from that leftover fund. My goal is to not spend the whole amount. I know that it's going to be really hard especially the first month, but I'm thinking of it as a game. I'm going to feel so much better at the end of 6 months! I'll have more money in the bank, all the things that I want, and maybe a really good reward at the end, a new car perhaps? We'll have to wait and see.

P.S. I already went to Target today and subtracted what I spent and boy does every shopping trip make a dent. No more trips to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Target for me!

No comments: