Friday, February 27, 2009

Church on the Run!

I was flipping through my radio stations the other morning on my way to work. Yeah, I know it's so old school that I still listen to the radio. Oh well! I came across a religious channel that had a Scottish priest giving a sermon. I think it was the great accent that hooked me, but his sermons are great too! I looked up the program tonight it's called Truth For Life - Pastor Alistair Begg. He is fantastic. It is the perfect thing to listen to at 7:00 on my way to work. The other morning he talked about doing your job no matter what it is to the Glory of God. I noticed I had a much calmer demeanor all day. When you work with 30 kids all day your patience is tested to the limit on a daily basis I need an uplifting and spiritual sermon to remind me of my purpose. The same radio station has Focus on the Family on in the afternoon that offers great advice for raising kids. The other day one of the guests was talking about how he is raising his young 6 year old son to look for good qualities in a mate by complimenting his mother and telling him all the things he loves about her and why he married her. They also talked about an 8 year old daughter and a conversation that they had about boys are going to be interested in you and want to spend time with you and you are going to have to figure out what boys you want to spend more time with too by looking at what qualities those boys possess. They said it is important to have these conversations at 6, 8, 12, 15 and so on, and by the time they reach their teen years they will know what to look for in a kind and loving mate. I enjoyed listening to church on the run!

No comments: