I would love to have a dinner party at my house with 2 other couples. We've lived her 4 years and never really had any work friends over. The problem is we only have one oven and a fairly small kitchen and the other women are good cooks and I am not. Any suggestions on what to serve that would be easy, but impressive? Our kitchen and eating area are right in our family room, so I don't want to have too much to prep in front of our guests.
2 comments:
Liz,
If you like cream of tomato soup try this out. you can make it in the a.m and re-heat it in a pot before serving... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-tomato-soup-recipe/index.html
Jer and I love to serve this at dinner parties and it is always a hit. The last dinner party we had I served this and for the main course we did leg of lamb w/ garlic mashed potatoes and a reduction sauce. It was all pretty easy and not much of a mess.
Jen I am the queen of dinner parties in small spaces!
A pork tenderloin is always super easy and good!
You could do a fabulous rub and bake it in your oven...
you can also cut up some yukon gold potatoes or fingerling potatoes and throw in a bunch of garlic and chop up some white onion (Big Chunks) drizzle some olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for about an hour 1/2
Salad.....mixed greens, sliced green apples, slivered almonds, goat cheeese or bleu you decide and some olive oil and balsamic with fresh minced garlic! Warm the dressing a little and it is to die for!!!
Do some french green beens in some olive oil and a little chili oil for a kick!
Ok Hope that helps if you need more ideas let me know!!! We do dinner parties with one oven in our small kitchen all the time!
Post a Comment