Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Costumes



I was having a discussion with people from work today about costumes. There was a 50/50 split of people who had costumes made at home and those who had store bought. I loved having a mom made costume in fact I still have several of them like my Alice in Wonderland dress and flapper costume. This weekend flipping channels I came across Martha Stewart's Halloween handmade costume show. She showed very simple no sew outfits (most made from felt) that would only take about an hour and a trip to the fabric store. Another mom said that a Target costume cost her $30. It does save time, but cost wise handmade vs. store bought can be about the same. So get out that glue gun and start crafting. The spring chicken above used feather boas for the body and yellow cleaning gloves for the feet. How cute is this little one!

No comments: