Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Conversations with God

I'm not sure if anyone is reading the blog anymore, but I thought this was a sweet story. This is a conversation between my brother and my nephew. I left out parts not to drag the story on.

Nephew: Dad, how come we don't see GG anymore when we visit Missy and Papa and why don't we call her anymore?
Brother: GG was very old and she is in heaven now.
Nephew: When is she coming back?
Brother: When you go to heaven you don't come back you get to stay there. Then they went on to talk about how he would see her much much later. He then asked him if he would like to talk to her?
Nephew: Yes!
Brother: O.K. we'll pray
Nephew: Hi GG, I miss you, call me I hope I hear from you soon. I love you!
Nephew: Later on he asks my brother, why didn't GG answer me?
Brother: Well, she can't answer you, you can feel her love though, like a hug.
Nephew: O.K. A little while later he starts to cry and says that he is sad becuase he doesn't feel her.

Is that the saddest thing ever. My grandma, his Great Grandma died over a year ago. It is so sweet that he remembers her. He'll be 4 this weekend and he certainly has a sweet heart. Happy Birthday Little J!

3 comments:

Kell & Nick said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!!
It reminds me of when I lost my papa when I was in the 2nd grade!
Thanks for sharing!!
Children are amazing!
MISS YOU FRIEND!

Natalie said...

That is a cute story Liz...and yes people do still read your blog, so don't go on any impulsive rants and press delete. :)

Hope all is well! - N.

jenjt said...

What a sweet little guy! Thanks for sharing...